By: Design By Friday on
Blog writing takes many forms and has changed and grown a lot from the early days of blogging. What began as primarily web diaries paved way for business blog writing and content marketing.
Including a blog on a business website is a great way to bring in more customers so that they get to know the company on a more personal level. It's also great for SEO – click here to read more about blogging for SEO.
Master Your Content
A business’s blog content should provide viewers with more information than just the basic sales pitch, people want to be able to read about things that they like or want to learn more about. Business blogs should serve to entertain, inform or educate. Here are some ways to master your content for your blog.
- Write blogs that involve both trending topics and things that are relative to your business. This allows the readers to feel more connected to what the company, brand, or service is trying to offer in that field they are looking into.
- Use specific keywords and key phrases to get a higher ranking on Google, so that searchers are directed to your site when those words are typed into search engines. Do your research to find the best keywords for your posts. (A common tool to use is Google's Keyword Planner)
- Your blog headlines should be detailed, catchy, and specific so that your company website stands out from the rest in a similar category.
- At the end of each blog you write, be sure to reiterate what related services you offer at the bottom of the article that are related to its topic as well as a way to contact you and an email newsletter sign up form.
- Don’t be afraid to link certain pages that are referenced in the blog through highlighted words or phrases. Or, always paste links to former blogs that might be in the same streamline of information. This will help the readers spend more time exploring your website.
- Lastly, the most important tips: write and post blog posts often and share them. Share them through social media, email marketing, forums, or you can even ask your peers to help promote them. Whichever routes you take, make sure you’re consistent.
More Questions About Blog Writing?
Let’s talk about making your blog a success – Click here to schedule a free 30 minute consultation with us.